Monday, January 17, 2011

Wool Pets

I pulled out my wool roving and got inspired to make some critters. They are so gratifying and  fun. Some of my favorite books are Wool Pets and Wool Toys and Friends written by Laurie Sharp, as well as Little Felted Animals by Marie-Noelle Horvath.



I am also busy at work on some little matryoshka dolls for birthdays party favors and a fun handmade swap that I am participating in. I am combining needle felting and wet felting to make them really well felted and durable. Here's a little sneak preview...





Here is the first stage, then all the little details...



Happy Crafting!

15 comments:

gardenmama said...

absolutely gorgeous work, i love the set of dolls.

Julie said...

How darling! I love the photo with all of the dolls in the cones.

softearthart said...

Just lovely, cheers Marie

Annette said...

Oh my goodness, these are so cute! I especially love the nesting dolls.

Lisa said...

Beautiful, it's all so beautiful, the animals, the dolls, the cones, the photography, lovely images to rnd this day thank you.

K said...

Oh, nicely done!! I especially love your perky sheep. I've gotta get serious about making some of these guys. Isn't Lauri swell?

;) said...

Adorable work! Bravo

Gramerly said...

I hopped back to Creative Friday to be sure I hadn't missed one and there you were. I had just today ordered the very book you mentioned. The animals are adorable and oh the detail on the dolls. Lovely!

heather west said...

Oh my goodness. Those are the sweetest little things. I'm so glad you showed your book stack! I'm thrilled to find new resources.

Unknown said...

I just got the book I love it,, I made the frog the other night will post it soon. You little lamb and penguin turned out so beautiful, they are so much fun to make.

Your dolls are precious, how sweet of you to make these amazing party favors - I am sure they will be loved. Have fun!

Unknown said...

these are just beautiful! xo m.

Julie said...

These are lovely creations! Very sweet from start to finish.

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! Oh my goodness, I am so impressed!

K said...

Here I am again - because Linda has the image of the sheep in her left hand column and I saw it again, and I loved it again, and now I'm telling you again.

CastleofCostaMesa said...

So cute! Thanks for inspiring!