Friday, January 28, 2011

Party Time

It is birthday season in our house. One after the next, we get to take joy in celebrating each member of the family. Well, except for me, the summer baby. It has been fun to share in making thoughtful presents. I loved Vivienne's Matryoshka theme for her party. It was so sweet and represented her love for other cultures, fairy tales and dolls. It also sparked my creativity and I realize that I love making dolls.


 This beautiful knitting kit was made by my friend, Tracy and her daughter , Emily. Can you see the adorable matryoshka knitting needles?


Other birthday handmade items: Sweet little bags made by sweet girls, Francesca's (left) and Savannah's(right).

and here is my soft matryoshka inspired doll for Vivi.

Happy birthday, my sweet eight-year-old!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet eight year old and to yuo too Mama, what a warm, festive and fun looking party! It looks so inviting.

Unknown said...

A beautiful birthday theme,, I love the dolls you made they are precious. Seems like you all had a festive day, lots of smiley faces. Happy Birthday to your little one and a happy birthing day to you to. I just completed a doll for Sasha, I will post it soon.

Anonymous said...

What a fun and interesting theme for a birthday party!

wordplayhouse.com said...

The love that was put into creating this party shows. It's beautiful. The festive colors...your photos that seem like you can almost hear the celebratory sounds...