Friday, December 17, 2010

Knits and Outtakes


Here we are, a week from Christmas and I am just getting our family photo card made. I found it helpful to make it a New Year's card and not stress over sending them out before Christmas. It is supposed to be a joyful process, isn't it? I am just not going for the holiday stress this year. Which means that life is very low key, and the kids are coming up with their own wonderful gift making and holiday creations. It works well for me.
We have done a little bit of baking, though my icebox cookies that I baked without cooling first turned out quite terrible. (Don't try this!) Of course, my dear children ate them up with joy. But the texture came out all wrong. Vivienne made a delicious batch of lemon shortbread cookies. Here are some funny outtakes from our attempts at a Holiday card. Vivienne is sporting the newly knit hat that she churned out this morning. It is a fun, chunky knit which combined several colors of wool and has a two-tone design. I need to get knitting, too.





 

6 comments:

gardenmama said...

Your family is gorgeous, what beautiful photos!

Jen said...

Such gorgeous photos and beautiful children! I'm in the same boat - hoping for a New Year's card instead (LOL)! But we all need to slow down or we are left feeling burned out just when the spring kicks in. Happy holidays and thank you for the continued inspiration through your lovely blog!

Catherine said...

I love outtakes!! Your family is so beautiful! They look like such accomplices on those shots! Have a wonderful holiday!

brown robin said...

Those are absolutely phenomenal pics! You will surely treasure them in years to come. It was wonderful to spend time with you this afternoon. Happy holidays to you and your family!

Jem at Luna Pacifica said...

Oh my goodness I love the pink open stitch hat! Adorable! Do you have a pattern?

onegoldensun said...

Jem, Thanks for asking about the hat! My seven year old knitted it up, her own design. She loves to create her own patterns. She used very large needles, other than that I don't have any specifics.