Monday, April 5, 2010

Celebrating Life


Oh, the joys of colored eggs, newly blossomed flowers, life springing forth and Mother Nature awakening from her deep winter slumber. The days are growing longer, and seedlings are emerging in my garden patch.
Spring is the season to fall in love with all of nature, time to rejoice in it's beauty and harmony.

I remade the egg crown of my family's tradition. Working with metal wire and delicate blown egg shells is challenging to say the least! I am still searching for the right gauge of wire and will probably be tinkering with it again. I love to see the egg crown hanging in my dining room, as it reminds of many special years of my childhood spent at my German grandmother's house for Easter.



~ Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Wishing my Mom a beautiful Birthday! Love you!



5 comments:

Gabriele Kubo said...

how interesting that you saw the Egg Crown at your German grandma's place! I know these crowns too, but never thought they are special German. As in childhood you believe the whole world is the same everywhere.
Wire and eggshells arent best friends, arent they? I find it helpful to start in the lower center of the ring with one egg, than bend the wire a little bit to get the next egg on etc. Getting the eggs on while bending. To bend the wire after the eggs are on is close to impossible I think.
Take a look at my blog, there is one egg ring on top of some branches!

Nicole Vangen said...

I love this post - so very inspiring. I also admire your little girls dress - just simply beautiful.

The egg crowns is magical.

I am so happy to celebrate Spring.

Namaste,
Nicole

gardenmama said...

such beauty all around!
happy spring to you and your family!

Rick Tan III said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures - wonderful little quote by Rilke.

softearthart said...

Oh, Spring. Spring, hey ho for spring, Thanks for looking at my blog, love and light Marie